That CAD Girl & Carlson End of Year Workshops – Wilmington, Raleigh and Statesville, North Carolina
It’s that time again! This is our 4th annual series of workshops geared specifically for NC licensed surveying, engineering and construction professionals.
Like in years past, we will have a morning session where an overview of Carlson Software and CAD Tips & Tricks will be presented. Then, for the afternoon session, you will be able to attend two sessions (from a total of 6) on a variety of topics.
This year’s Morning Session will cover:
- » IntelliCAD Overview, AutoCAD/IntelliCAD Tips & Tricks, Getting Started with CAD Standards
- » Preview of Carlson Software, Data Collection, GPS, Integration with Esri and IntelliCAD
The first Afternoon Session provides a choice of 3 topics:
- » Carlson Fundamentals – Deed Processing, Working with Points, Field to Finish, Surface Modeling & Site Grading, RoadNet, Hydrology preview, Finding and Using Freely Available GIS Data in North Carolina
- » Seamless Civil Data Conversion – No Problem! – This session will show how Carlson’s seamless data conversion enables users to go back and forth from Land Desktop, Civil 3D and other software packages. If your concern is in continuing to take good care of your clients and keeping the lines of communication open, you’ll see that this is actually no concern at all.
- » Carlson Point Cloud 2011 – For those who have seen this product in the past, you’ll be impressed with all the improvements in 2011. This session will present many of the new & improved routines in Carlson’s Point Cloud 2011 including how to clean a cloud to remove cars and other physical features so as to make it smaller and easier to work with, how to get volumes for a stock pile, how to use Carlson Field to Finish for symbols and breaklines from the cloud and how to generate a surface and contours in your CAD file.
The second Afternoon Session provides a choice of 3 topics:
- » Demonstration of Carlson’s All-In-One Surveyor+ GPS & Data Collector – See this office and (weather-permitting) field demonstration of Carlson’s new Surveyor+ GPS System. This equipment provides a dual frequency RTK GNSS receiver and field controller and comes loaded with Carlson SurvCE. This system is versatile with Network RTK, Base/Rover RTK and static capabilities. It’s also flexible and works with almost every brand of total station and robotic instrumentation. This demonstration will include Carlson’s Field to Finish feature.
- » Collecting Survey Data for Direct Import into Esri – In this session you will learn how to export a GIS feature/attribute structure from a client’s Esri GIS, use SurvCE or SurvPC to collect additional survey-grade data to that schema, and then write it back to ArcGIS in a single seamless workflow.
- » Carlson 2011 Updates and Advanced Design and Grading – In this session you will learn many of the new features in Carlson’s 2011 product offerings for surface modeling, grading and Hydrology. One of the most exciting features is Carlson’s ability to make edits to contours and apply the changes back to the underlying TIN surface file. Updates to Carlson’s Civil & Hydrology packages (including design criteria for NCDOT, City of Greensboro and others) will be covered.
The cost for the 1-day workshop is $99. Early bird pricing is available through October 31, 2010 for $89 per person. Lunch will be provided and NC licensed professional surveyors and engineers will receive 8 PDH credits for attending.
Tuesday, Dec 14th in Wilmington NC – Find out more here or click here to register
Wednesday, Dec 15th in Raleigh NC – Find out more here or click here to register
Thursday, Dec 16th in Statesville NC – Find out more here or click here to register