I recently asked Carlson’s tech support team about the compatibility of Carlson with Windows 8 and received the following response:
At this time, Carlson 2013 is not officially supported on Windows 8. However, testing we have done on Windows 8 has been largely successful with the following observations:
- If Carlson installs cleanly without error, it should run correctly.
- In some cases, you may encounter install errors. We are currently addressing these issues for Carlson 2013 products – these updates will be available in the next builds that we post.
- Older Carlson products will remain AS IS – we will not be updating the installs. But again, but if a given product installs without error, it should run fine.
- As a general rule, products supported on Windows 7 should run on Windows 8.
- It has been our experience that using the “compatibility mode” option is not recommended.